Wednesday 20 July 2011

Optogenetics

This looks quite exciting. A friend of mine gave me this link on Facebook earlier today. It doesn't mention CFS / ME at all, but I can see where her thinking goes with this.

Click here to watch the clip.
(It's only five minutes long).

It is not something likely to happen during my life time. These sorts of research take decades to develop. Once they have developed a treatment for one condition though, I suspect others will come fairly quickly. CFS / M.E. is not going to be top of the list of priorities; the cause of it really needs to be identified correctly first. Hopefully by the time that Optogenetics is developed, the cause of M.E. will have been properly identified.

Meanwhile, I'll just keep treating my symptoms and listening to my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment