Friday 1 July 2011

Letter from my MP

Dear Olana Voljeti,

Thank you for your recent letter and I was sorry to learn that you are still suffering with M.E.

Unfortunately, I do not keep full paper files dating back to 2003. I only have a short record saying that we looked into benefit entitlements on your behalf. I assume, however, that you will have kept any correspondence relating to this.

Obviously, if you have not already done so, you should contact your GP to confirm your diagnosis of ME - he is the best person to help.

I would be happy to write to the appropriate Government Minister on your behalf, but you should bear in mind that he will not be able to comment or look into your specific case. If you would like to write to me with general points you wish to make on welfare reform, I will certainly pass these onto him.

I hope this helpful.

Yours sincerely,

Your local MP.


You know what, I have absolutely no idea where any of my paperwork is, coz Ian put it all somewhere when he chucked my desk out. So I really don't know where my letters from my MP, from 2003 would actually be. This obviously is not my MPs fault though.

I'm not quite sure why he thinks I need to contact my GP to confirm my diagnosis. My GP has been writing me regular sick notes with it written on it. Am I missing the point here?

As far as I'm concerned, that letter is still going in my pile of evidence as it is at the very least confirmation that I contacted him in reference to benefits in 2003. Thank you Mr MP :)

No comments:

Post a Comment