Friday 11 November 2011

M.E. is serious

So many people simply do not comprehend that M.E. is a serious illness. At this time of last year I was severely ill. I was bedbound, my body deteriorating in front of my eyes. I thought I was dying. I have said this to people over the last year, and been met with a mixture of reactions. Many people do not believe it possible to die from M.E.. Mostly people who die from M.E. die from secondary infections, or complications caused because of M.E., (or suicide),  but not actually the M.E. itself ... in cases like mine though, there was nothing else you could put it down to ... and nothing else with which my doctor can explain the consequences I've been struggling with all year. I only personally know of one person who has died from M.E., but that is one too many.

So, for those who don't believe, please visit the following website: ME / CFS Memorial. A snippet:

"Barbara Ramos Gibson, 63, died on May 1, 2006 from complications of CFIDS/ME and fibromyalgia. She was active in Florida trying to make a difference in the way the disease was viewed as well as reaching out to others. She had become so severe that she was unable to walk and she was due to enter a nursing home when her life ended."

No comments:

Post a Comment