Friday 18 November 2011

I've got M.E. I'm not a benefits cheat

It is with a little sadness that I share this article. It was written in August 2010, so well over a year ago now, and things have not changed at all. It's quite a long article, and it's well written, so I can't really nick bits of it to share with you. If you're interested in how people with M.E. (and similar illnesses) are treated, then I would indicate to you that you can click the title of this blog post to read an article that describes perfectly what myself, and various others, have been and are repeatedly going through.

It is a personal account, describing the process and the writer's personal experience. It is because the process is so badly flawed that many people with M.E. have to rely heavily on other conditions they suffer with in order to actually claim ESA. I'm now kind of wondering how I got through, since my assessor completely ignored my back problem all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment