Wednesday 15 June 2011

Asking my MP for help.


Dear MP,

I am hoping you can help me.

I moved to Staffordshire in 2002. I was and still am ill with M.E.. I am not sure whether it was 2002 or 2003, but I wrote to you for help regarding the problems with benefits, at the time, and you helped me then. I am hoping you will have it on record somewhere. The short version of my request is that I’m hoping you can write a letter stating that you helped me then, and knew that I had M.E. then.

The slightly longer version is as follows:
I’ve had ups and downs with M.E.. At the beginning of last year for example, I was seeking work. In June I got a bug, I crashed severely, becoming bedbound until mid December. In November my husband decided he wanted a divorce. Early January he decided to stop supporting me, so in February I started claiming ESA. I was called for the medical assessment in April, and failed. I therefore find myself with the daunting task of preparing for a tribunal when I am struggling to walk, let alone feed myself, or prepare for a life on my own. I cannot find a representative for the tribunal, so I am seeking references such as the one I am requesting from yourself.

Upon receiving the medical assessors notes last week I am disgusted to find that the nurse who assessed me has not only lied throughout the form, but has twisted things I said, completely failed to take my back problem into account at all, made assumptions (which I now realise are based upon the training they receive for assessing people with M.E. / CFS), and contradicted herself. This woman should not be assessing people. She has hinted that I am faking my condition, and awarded me zero points on every criteria. She has stated that I was working until five years ago, which is why I am seeking the reference from yourself saying that I was seeking your help well before then.

I could go on, but I will not for now. I am merely seeking such a letter from you, but later on I would be happy to share the assessment and my notes with you if you are at all interested in the welfare reform. Needless to say I am absolutely beside myself over all of this.

Kind regards,



Olana Voljeti.

No comments:

Post a Comment