Monday 21 May 2012

Raise money for Young People with M.E.

Jane, one of the members of one of the groups I belong to on Facebook, wishes to raise money for the charity AYME. Yesterday my boyfriends mother did a sponsored run in aid of Cystic Fibrosis. It made me a little sad knowing that most of us with M.E. would love to raise money for charities, but we can't do sponsored runs, or walks, etc. Jane has come up with a novel idea; she is going to give up Facebook for a week to raise money. If you are able bodied, and healthy, this may not sound like much of a challenge, but please believe me when I say it is. When you are housebound, or worse, bedbound, the internet is a lifeline. Facebook is one of the few social mediums many of us have. Giving it up for a week, for me at least would be amazingly challenging, so I really admire her for this.

So please, I urge you to sponsor her. You can do so through Just Giving, here. Give as little or as much as you can!

2 comments:

  1. That's a really interesting idea and a great way to raise money for a charity. Facebook has become so popular that some are simply connected to it all the time. I don't normally leave comments but I wanted to let you know about easy fundraising ideas, it's a site which you could use to help fundraise for causes you support. You just register a cause and then get your friends and family to start shopping through it when they make purchases online. Check it out if you get a chance and good luck with your future fundraising activities.

    Take care,

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess. I don't really do any fund raising myself, but I will certainly pass on your link to those who do :)

      Delete