Friday 28 September 2012

Some benefits articles

I am totally exhausted. I've had a number of tabs open on my browser for days, possibly weeks, intending to write about them here. I give up. I'm just gonna give you a few snippets and point you in the right direction. Sorry. This blogger needs some rest!


"The poorest 20% of the 2.7 million households receiving disability benefits will lose 16% of their cash income plus benefits-in-kind, four times as much as the richest 20% of households, according to a report published by the Norfolk Coalition of Disabled People."

Peter was advised to top the amount of Jobseeker’s Allowance up with Income Support. Being ill myself I was unable to advise Peter and to my horror realised that he had a payment of £55 pounds per week for both of us to live on and pay our bills with in our rental property.


Ministers are also examining the idea of ending the annual inflation-linked rise in benefits, though this would require legislation and is a longer-term prospect.


The Department for Work and Pensions, who hired the French IT firm to help them slash the benefits bill, have admitted finding out in a survey that 55 per cent of people who lost benefits in the crackdown had failed to find work.



No comments:

Post a Comment